Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Silver Linings Have Clouds

As a parent of special needs children, I try to stay positive. I look at the bright side. I rejoice in the little victories. I celebrate those moments when everything works.

All of that is true but special needs parenting is still very difficult.

Our two children with autism live in group homes. While that takes off a lot of pressure, there are still plenty of challenges. There are still committees and government agencies and boards and financial concerns to navigate.

I just came across this post called "The Dark Side to Special Needs Parenting." I don't know the person who wrote it, but I will tell you that this post rings true to our experience.

We don't like to talk about this stuff much, but if you want to understand special needs parents, you are going to have to know it.

Image by pixaby

No comments:

Post a Comment